Landlord insurance

If you’re a landlord, you’ll understand that sometimes things just don’t go to plan and it is essential to make sure your rental properties are adequately insured. If you have contents within the property that belong to you then you also need to make sure these are covered.

At Expedite Finance, we have helped many landlords find the best possible insurance deal based on their requirements. Whether you have one property or a large portfolio of properties, our team take great care to search for a policy that is perfectly suited to your needs.

How does landlord insurance differ from a standard property insurance policy? Let’s have a look in more detail.

What is Landlord Insurance?

Landlord insurance is a term that covers a range of insurance policies designed specifically to provide cover for buildings that are owned by one party and let to another. Usually the basic policy will provide cover for the buildings, with any additional cover for contents being an option. For furnished properties this option will be absolutely essential.

There are in fact two main types of landlord insurance: buy to let insurance, which is designed to cover just a single property, and multi property insurance which is aimed at landlords looking to protect a portfolio of properties. At Expedite Finance, we can help you find the right deal whether you have one property or several.

What is Covered?

As with a standard property insurance policy, your landlord insurance will cover you in the event of the usual: fire and flood, theft and malicious damage, escape of water and subsidence. These are just some of the common clauses, but we can help you find a policy that covers you for the most essential potential issues you may face whilst renting your property to tenants. You can also add options such as rent guarantee insurance and contents insurance should you wish.

For example, if there is a fire in a rented property that you own and your building is damaged, your landlord insurance should cover you for the repairs to the building itself. However, it will not usually cover the contents that may also have been damaged. This would require a contents insurance option, which we strongly recommend you add to your policy if your property is furnished.

Landlord insurance will not usually cover the property of the tenant; it is therefore wise for your tenants to seek their own personal cover for items of value within the house, and for this, Expedite Finance can also help them find the best deal.

We have many years’ experience in dealing with property insurance of all types, and are experts in the field of landlord insurance and contents insurance. Our team can help you find the most suitable options from a selected panel of providers to match your property insurance needs, and are dedicated to ensuring that you get the most protection from your policies. For more information, call 0800 2012 148 and a member of our friendly and helpful team will be more than happy to help.

For mortgages, we can be paid by commission from the lender and a client fee of £395 paid on completion of the mortgage.

Request callback